Protocol for Using the Blue Prestained Protein Standard, Broad Range for an SDS-PAGE Mini Gel (P7718)
- Gently mix the Blue Prestained Protein Standard, Broad Range (11-250 kDa).
- Load 3 μl directly onto a mini-gel.
- To ensure uniform mobility, load an equal volume of 1X Reducing SDS Loading Buffer into any unused wells.
- Run gel using constant voltage, according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Run until dye front reaches bottom of gel, but does not run off.
- Stain and de-stain gel with protein stain of choice, following manufacturer’s instructions (i.e. Coomassie Brilliant Blue, Simply Blue™ Safe Stain, or GelCode™ Blue Safe Stain (Thermo Fisher).
Note: This standard is supplied in gel loading buffer and is ready to use. Do not heat, dilute or add reducing agents before loading.