Protocol for Quick-Load Purple 50 bp DNA Ladder (NEB #N0556)
- Load 5–10 μl (0.5–1 μg) Quick-Load Purple 50 bp DNA Ladder per gel lane.
- Preparation of DNA: The double-stranded DNA is digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes, phenol extracted and equilibrated in storage buffer.
- We recommend loading 5–10 μl (0.5–1 μg) of Quick-Load Purple 50 bp DNA Ladder per gel lane. In general, it is recommended to load 1 µl per mm of gel lane.
- The Quick-Load Purple 50 bp DNA Ladder is not intended for precise quantification of DNA mass but can be used for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
- Quick-Load Purple 50 bp DNA Ladder is stable for at least 6 months at 25°C. For long term storage, store at 4°C or -20°C. If stored at -20°C, mix well after thawing. If not well mixed, the load may float out of the wells.
- 1X Gel Loading Dye, Purple, no SDS:
10 mM EDTA
3.3 mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.0@25°C)
0.02% Dye 1
0.001% Dye 2