Suggested Protocol for Loading the Unstained Protein Ladder, Broad Range (P7703)
- Gently mix the Unstained Protein Ladder, Broad Range (NEB °C-100ºC for 5 minutes.
- Centrifuge quickly.
- Aliquot in to single use aliquots and store at -20C. Do not boil the aliquots again.
- Load 5 μl of P7703 in a gel lane.
- To ensure uniform mobility, load an equal volume of 3X Blue SDS Loading Buffer ( ) by gently vortexing or pipetting up and down several times.
- Incubate at 95"https://www.neb.com/products/b7703-blue-loading-buffer-pack">NEB #B7703) into any unused wells.
- Run gel using constant voltage, according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Run until dye front reaches bottom of gel, but does not run off.
- Stain and de-stain gel with protein stain of choice, following manufacturer’s instructions (i.e. Coomassie Brilliant Blue, Simply BlueTM Safe Stain, or GelCodeTM Blue Safe Stain)