Perform a Second Purification of the Amplified DNA (E6260)
- Warm Ampure beads to room temperature and mix thoroughly before use.
- Add 54 μl of Ampure beads to each sample, mix and rotate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the samples on a magnetic separator, when the beads have collected to the wall of the tube and the solution is clear, remove and discard the liquid.
- Add 300 μl of freshly prepared 70% ethanol to the beads. If the beads are not submerged in the ethanol, quick spin the beads and place back on the magnet. Wash by turning the tube 180° and allowing the beads to re-collect on the side of the tube. Turn the tube 6 times.
- Remove and discard the ethanol, be careful not to disturb the beads.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 two more times.
- Remove the tubes from the magnetic separator, quick spin the beads, place them back on the magnet and remove any remaining liquid. The quick spin will aid in drying the beads.
- Keeping the tubes on the magnet and the caps open, dry the beads at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Cracks will be observed in the bead pellet when drying is complete.
- Add 30ul of water to the dried beads and vortex to mix thoroughly.
- Place the samples on a magnetic separator, when the beads have collected to the wall of the tube and the solution is clear, transfer the liquid to a fresh tube. The liquid contains your amplified library.