RNA plays a multitude of cellular roles in all kingdoms of life. RNA is an essential carrier of genetic information that can catalyze chemical reactions and influence gene expression.
In the last several years, our understanding of RNAs as regulatory molecules in the cell has dramatically changed. Many new classes of small and large non-coding RNAs with largely unexplored functions have been recently reported, ushering in a renaissance of RNA-focused research in biology.
NEB offers a range of products for RNA research, including reagents for synthesis, extraction, purification, cleanup, analysis, modification and detection of RNA molecules.
- GMP-grade Reagents for RNA Synthesis
- RNA Metro Map
- RNA Synthesis Brochure
- RNA Technical Guide
- Recommended HiScribe RNA Synthesis Kits by Application
- Troubleshooting Guide for RNA Cleanup
- Troubleshooting Guide for Total RNA Extraction & Purification
- Avoiding Ribonuclease Contamination
- Choosing RNA Input Amounts for NEB T2010
- General Guidelines for Successful RNA Purification Using the Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit
- Increasing Sensitivity of Transcriptome Profiling in Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Samples by Depleting Abundant RNAs
- Eyler, D.E., Franco, M.K., Batool, Z., Wu, M.Z., Dubuke, M.L., Dobosz-Bartoszek, M., Jones, J.D., Polikanov, Y.S., Roy, B., Koutmou, K.S 2019. Pseudouridinylatio of mRNA coding sequences alters translation Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 116(46), PubMedID: 31672910, DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1821754116
- Wulf, Madalee; Buswell, John; Chan, Siuhong; Dai, Nan; Marks, Katherine; Tzertzinis, George; Whipple, Joe; Correa, Ivan; Schildkraut, Ira; 2019. The yeast scavenger decapping enzyme DcpS and its application for in vitro RNA recapping Sci Rep. 9 (1), PubMedID: , DOI: 10.1038/s41598-019-45083-5
- Wulf, M.G., Maguire, S., Humbert, P., Dai, N., Bei, Y., Nichols, N.M., Correa, I.R., Jr., Guan, S 2019. Non templated addition and template switching by Moloney murine leukemia virus MMLV based reverse transcriptases co occur and compete with each other J Biol Chem. 294(48), PubMedID: 31640989, DOI: 10.1074/jbc.RA119.010676
- Wu, M.Z., Asahara, H., Tzertzinis, G., Roy, B. 2020. Synthesis of low immunogenicity RNA with high-temperature in vitro transcription RNA. , PubMedID: 31900329, DOI:
- Fuchs, R.T., Sun, Z., Zhuang, F., et al. 2015. Bias in ligation-based small RNA sequencing library construction is determined by adaptor and RNA structure PLoS One. 10(5), PubMedID: 25942392, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0126049
- Potapov, V., Fu, X., Dai, N., Correa, I.R., Jr., Tanner, N.A., Ong, J.L 2018. Base modificatons affecting RNA polymerase and reverse transcriptase fidelity Nucleic Acids Res. 46(11): 5753-5763, PubMedID: 29750267, DOI:
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
This method describes high yield in vitro synthesis of both capped and uncapped mRNA from a linearized plasmid containing the Gaussia luciferase (GLuc) gene.
Optimize the results of your RNA extractions with these simple tips from our scientists.
This video walks you through RNA purification from a wide variety of sample types using the Monarch Total RNA Miniprep Kit.
Behind the paper: Jennifer summarizes her group’s recent Nucleic Acid Research publication describing how individual RNA base modifications affect RNA polymerase fidelity as well as reverse transcription error rates.