The Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit reliably purifies up to 5 µg of concentrated, high quality DNA from PCR and other enzymatic reactions. It utilizes a bind/wash/elute workflow with minimal incubation and spin times. The columns provided with each kit ensure zero buffer retention and no carryover of contaminants, enabling elution in volumes as low as 6 µl. Monarch Buffers have been optimized, and do not require pH monitoring. Eluted DNA is ready for use in restriction digests, DNA sequencing, PCR, ligation, and other enzymatic manipulations.
Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kits provide fast and reliable purification, reduced hands-on time and elution in low volumes
- Can I use water to elute the DNA when using the Monarch Kits?
- What is the smallest volume of elution buffer that can be used with the Monarch DNA Cleanup Column?
- After purification, I see a faint additional band running below the expected size on a gel. What happened?
- Are Monarch spin columns compatible with Vacuum Manifolds?
- Are the columns in the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) the same as the ones in the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit?
- Can the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) be used to purify RNA?
- Do you have any recommendations for purification of ssDNA?
- What factors affect my (A260/A230)?
- What is the composition of each buffer provided with the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg)?
- What is the maximum binding capacity of the Monarch DNA Cleanup Column provided with the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg)?
- What size of DNA can be purified with the Monarch DNA Cleanup Columns?
- What size primers can be effectively removed from a PCR reaction?
- Can I use the Monarch DNA & PCR Cleanup Kit to purify oligonucleotides and other short DNA fragments?
- Protocol for DNA Cleanup and Concentration Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Quick Protocol for DNA Cleanup and Concentration Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Oligonucleotide Cleanup Using Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) Protocol (NEB #T1030)
- Quick Protocol for Oligonucleotide Cleanup Using the Monarch® PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 μg) (NEB #T1030)
- Monarch Nucleic Acid Purification Brochure
- Troubleshooting Guide for DNA Cleanup and Plasmid Purification
- Back to basics: Important things to keep in mind when purifying plasmids and DNA fragments
- Tips for the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit
- Elute in as little as 6 μl
- Prevent buffer retention and salt carryover with optimized column design
- Save time with fast, user-friendly protocols
- No need to monitor pH
- Buffers and columns available separately
- Significantly less plastic used when compared with other kits
- Responsibly-sourced and recyclable packaging
- Binding Capacity: up to 5 μg
- DNA Size Range:
~50 bp to 25 kb
DNA ≥ 15 bp to 25 kb (dsDNA) and DNA ≥ 18 nt to 10 kb (ssDNA) can also be purified using the Oligonucleotide Cleanup Protocol.
- Typical Recovery:
DNA (50 bp to 10 kb): 70–90%
DNA (11–25 kb): 50–70%
ssDNA ≥ 18 nt and dsDNA ≥ 15 bp: 70-85%
- Elution Volume: ≥ 6 μl
- Purity: A260/280 ≥ 1.8
- Protocol Time: 5 min of spin and incubation time
- Compatible Downstream Applications: ligation, restriction digestion, labeling and other enzymatic manipulations, library construction and DNA sequencing
This product is covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB).
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Learn how to isolate DNA from your enzymatic reactions, including PCR, using the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 µg).
Optimize your DNA isolation from PCR and other enzymatic reactions with our quick tips for using the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit.
Learn how you can easily recycle all of the components in your Monarch Kits.