NEBNext index primers are intended to be combined with one of the NEBNext adaptor types. The NEBNext Adaptor, with its unique hairpin-loop shape, was designed to minimize the formation of adaptor-dimers during the adaptor-ligation step, whereas the truncated EM-seq™ Adaptor is optimized for use with NEBNext Enzymatic Methyl-seq workflows. The NEBNext SR Adaptor is used in preparation of NEBNext Small RNA libraries.
NEBNext index adaptors are available for either DNA-seq or RNA-seq workflows, and these full-length index adaptors also include UMIs to enable increased sample identification specificity and more-sensitive detection of low-frequency single nucleotide variants (SNVs). UMIs also allow for PCR-free DNA-seq workflows, to mitigate the risk of bias introduced by PCR cycles.
NEBNext Multiplex Oligos currently enable multiplexing of up to 96 unique dual indexed UMI reactions, up to 480 unique dual indexed reactions, up to 384 dual indexed reactions (using combinatorial indexing), and up to 144 single indexed reactions (with a 6-bp index read).
NEBNext Multiplex Oligos are supplied separately from NEBNext Library Prep Kits (except for the Small RNA and EM-seq kits) to provide maximal workflow flexibility.
- Are the NEBNext Oligos for Illumina compatible with single read and paired end sequencing?
- Are NEBNext adaptor and primers for Illumina compatible with NEBNext reagents for Illumina library preparation?
- What is the concentration of the adaptor and primers in the NEBNext Multiplex Oligos kits?
- Are NEBNext adaptor and primers for Illumina validated in Next Generation Sequencing Workflows?
- Can the NEBNext Multiplex Oligos for Illumina (96 Unique Dual Index Primer Pairs) (NEB #E6440, #E6442, #E6444, #E6446, and #E6448) be used to address "index hopping" with Illumina patterned flow cells?
- Is the NEBNext adaptor methylated?
- NEBNext® Multiplex Oligos Selection Chart
Products and content are covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB). The use of trademark symbols does not necessarily indicate that the name is trademarked in the country where it is being read; it indicates where the content was originally developed. The use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third-party intellectual property rights for certain applications. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
Learn more about the streamlined workflow for the NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Library Prep Kit.
This video walks you through DNA Library Preparation using the NEBNext Ultra II DNA Library Prep Kit. The video also includes tips for optimization as well as safe stopping points.
A workflow animation for an enzyme-based method for detection of 5mC and 5hmC, an alternative to bisulfite sequencing.