1 kb Plus DNA Ladder
A single convenient ladder for 100 bp up to 10 kb (100 bp and 1 kb ladder in one!)
- Value pricing
- Supplied with free vial of Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS (NEB #B7025)
- Easy to identify reference bands
- Small size suitable for 200 gel lanes; large size suitable for 1000 gel lanes
How to Prepare and Load a Standard DNA Ladder
A number of proprietary plasmids are digested to completion with appropriate restriction enzymes to yield 19 bands suitable for use as molecular weight standards for agarose gel electrophoresis. This digested DNA includes fragments ranging from 100 bp to 10 kb. The 0.5, 1.0 and 3.0 kb bands have increased intensity to serve as reference points. The approximate mass of DNA in each of the bands is provided (assuming a 1.0 μg load) for approximating the mass of DNA in comparably intense samples of similar size.
Comes supplied with 1 vial of Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS.
NEB also offers a Quick-Load version of this ladder with purple dye.
- Recommended gel percentage range: 1-1.4%
- Optimum separation on 1.2%
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration Gel Loading Dye, Purple (6X), no SDS 25 6X
- Product Categories:
- DNA Markers & Ladders Products
- DNA Analysis
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Citations & Technical Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.