- Thermostable DNA and RNA endonuclease
- Catalyzes the cleavage of 5' DNA and RNA flaps from branched double stranded DNA substrates, creating a 5' phosphate terminus
- FEN 1 products can be ligated by DNA ligase to create double stranded DNA
- Heat inactivation not possible
- This is an Enzyme for Innovation. EFI is a project initiated by NEB to provide unique enzymes to the scientific community in the hopes of enabling the discovery of new and innovative applications. These enzymes have interesting properties and unique specificities
Thermostable Flap Endonuclease 1, FEN1, catalyzes the cleavage of 5´ DNA flaps from branched double stranded DNA substrates, creating a 5´ phosphate terminus. FEN1 products can be ligated by DNA ligase to create double stranded DNA. In vivo, FEN1 is an essential component of the Okazaki fragment maturation pathway, and also plays a role in base excision repair.
Product SourceAn E. coli strain, which carries the cloned Thermococcus 9°N™ FEN1 gene.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration ThermoPol® Reaction Buffer Pack -20 10 X
- Product Categories:
- Exonucleases and Non-specific Endonucleases Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Citations & Technical Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.