yDcpS is a decapping enzyme that hydrolyzes m7G capped mRNA, producing diphosphorylated 5′ ends. yDcpS can decap mRNAs of various lengths and the diphosphorylated 5′ end can be recapped directly with Vaccinia Capping Enzyme.
- Provided at high enzyme concentration to facilitate complete decapping
- Active on capped RNA of various sizes (tested on in vitro capped transcripts from 25 nt to 1400 nt long)
- Decapped RNA 5′ ends can be recapped with Vaccinia Capping System (NEB #M2080)
- Supports tagging of mRNA with desthiobiotin-labeled GTP
yDcpS is the scavenging decapping enzyme from S. cerevisiae that hydrolyzes the phosphodiester bond between the gamma and beta phosphates of m7G-capped mRNA, producing diphosphorylated 5′ ends and m7GMP. yDcpS is capable of decapping mRNAs of various lengths, decaps Cap0 and Cap1 with equal efficiency, and the diphosphorylated 5′ end it produces is suitable for recapping with Vaccinia Capping Enzyme.
Product SourceAn E. coli strain carrying the S. cerevisiae gene DCS1 (encoding yDcpS) on a plasmid.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration yDcpS Reaction Buffer -20 10 X
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Citations & Technical Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.