- Double-stranded DNA specific exonuclease and single-stranded DNA endonuclease
- Initiates at the 5' termini of linear or nicked double-stranded DNA
- Cleaves linear or nicked double-stranded DNA in the 5' to 3'
T5 Exonuclease is ideal for:
- Removal of incomplete ligation products from ligated circular double-stranded DNA
- Degradation of denatured DNA from alkaline-based plasmid purification methods for improved DNA cloning
- Degradation of contaminating linear and nicked DNA in plasmid samples
T5 Exonuclease degrades DNA in the 5´ to 3´ direction (1). T5 Exonuclease is able to initiate nucleotide removal from the 5´ termini or at gaps and nicks of linear or circular dsDNA (1). However, the enzyme does not degrade supercoiled dsDNA (2). T5 Exonuclease also has ssDNA endonuclease activity.
Product SourceAn E. coli strain that carries a plasmid with the T5 phage D15 gene.
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration NEBuffer™ 4 -20 10X
- Product Categories:
- Nucleases Products
- Gibson Assembly®
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Citations & Technical Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.