Taq DNA Ligase
- Isolated from a recombinant source
- Thermostable ligase for incorporation of phosphorylated oligonucleotides during PCR and Ligase Chain Reaction
- Taq DNA Ligase is NOT a substitute for T4 DNA Ligase
- Supplied with 10X Reaction Buffer containing NAD+
- Not sure which ligase to choose? Refer to our DNA and RNA Ligase Properties Chart
Avoiding RNase Contamination
Taq DNA Ligase is a thermostable ligase that catalyzes the formation of a phosphodiester bond between the 5´-phosphate and the 3´-hydroxyl of two adjacent DNA strands. The strands to be ligated need to be hybridized and accurately paired, with no gap, to a complementary DNA strand; allowing resolution of single nucleotide variants. Taq DNA Ligase uses NAD as a cofactor and it is active at elevated temperatures (37° C – 75° C).
Product SourcePurified from an E. coli strain containing the cloned ligase gene from Thermus thermophilus HB8 (1-3).
The following reagents are supplied with this product:
Store at (°C) Concentration Taq DNA Ligase Reaction Buffer -20 10X
* Reagents' Storage Notes
- For long term storage (>30 days), store at -80°C.
- Product Categories:
- DNA Ligases Products
- Protocols, Manuals & Usage
- Tools & Resources
- FAQs & Troubleshooting
- Brochure & Techinal Literature
- Quality, Safety & Legal
Ineligible item added to cart
Based on your Freezer Program type, you are trying to add a product to your cart that is either not allowed or not allowed with the existing contents of your cart. Please review and update your order accordingly If you have any questions, please contact Customer Service at [email protected] or 1-800-632-5227 x 8.