New England Biolabs has called upon its 35 years of expertise in enzymology to develop a suite of validated reagents for epigenetics research. This line of easy-to-use EpiMark® kits simplifies DNA methylation and hydroxymethylation detection and analysis, as well as ChIP, histone and nucleosome analysis. Independently applicable, individual epigenetics reagents also complement the EpiMark® kits. NEB's methylation- and hydroxymethylation- sensitive or dependent enzymes, DNA methyltransferases and DNA controls are all useful for mapping DNA modifications and methylating DNA at specific sites for gene expression studies. Our protein methyltransferases and recombinant histones perform efficiently in protein modification and characterization studies. Our range of modified and unmodified genomic DNAs can be used as controls for detection of DNA methylation. Our series of human DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferase (DNMT) antibodies are ideally suited for Western blots and immunoprecipitation.
Our complete Epigenetics suite is expertly designed for optimized research and discovery.
EpiMark® is a registered trademark of New England Biolabs, Inc.
Epigenetics - Expanding on Genomic Foundations
- Epigenetics Brochure
- EpiMark® Methylated DNA Enrichment Kit Troubleshooting Guide
- EM-seq™ Enables Accurate and Precise Methylome Analysis of Challenging DNA Samples (2019)
- Enzymatic Methyl-seq: Next Generation Methylomes (2019)
- NicE-seq: High Resolution Open Chromatin Profiling (2018)
- Small RNA-Mediated DNA Methyltransferase 1 Inhibition Causes DNA Methylation Alteration in Mammalian Cells (2015)
- Uncovering the Cannabis sativa Methylome Through Enzymatic Methyl-seq (2019)
- Nelson, F.K, Snyder, M., Gardner, A.F., Hendrickson, C.L., Shendure, J.A., Porreca, G.J., Church, G.M., Ausubel, F.M., Ju, J., Kieleczawa, J. and Slatko, B.E 2011. Introduction and historical overview of DNA sequencing <em>Curr. Prot. Mol. Biol</em>. Unit 7.0.1-7.0.18., PubMedID: , DOI:
- Diep, D. and Zhang, K. 2011. Genome-wide mapping of the sixth base Genome Biol. . 12, PubMedID: 21682934, DOI: 10.1186/gb-2010-12-6-116
- Wolff, E.M. et al. 2011. Hypomethylation of a LINE-1 Promoter Activates an Alternate Transcript of the MET Oncogene in Bladders with Cancer PLoS Genet. . 6, PubMedID: 20421991, DOI:
- Kinney, S.M. et al. 2011. Tissue specific distribution and dynamic changes of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine in mammalian genome J. Biol. Chem. . , PubMedID: 21610077, DOI:
- Cohen-Karni, D, et al. 2011. The MspJI family of modification-dependent restriction endonucleases for epigenetic studies Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. . , PubMedID: 21690366, DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1018448108
- Canc. Res. 2011. 6-Thioguanine reactivates epigenetically silenced genes in acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells by facilitating proteasome-mediated degradation of DNMT1 . 71, PubMedID: 21239472, DOI:
- Stroud, H., et al. 2011. 5-Hydroxymethylcytosine is associated with enhancers and gene bodies in human embryonic stem cells Gen. Biol.. , PubMedID: 21689397 , DOI:
- Ficz, G., et al. 2011. Dynamic regulation of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine in mouse ES cells and during differentiation Nature . , PubMedID: 21460836, DOI: 10.1038/nature10008
- Zhang, J. et al. 2011. Cyclophosphamide perturbs cytosine methylation in jurkat-T Cells through LSD1-mediated stabilization of DNMT1 Protein Chem. Res. Toxicol.. 24(11), PubMedID: 22007908, DOI:
- 2011. Comparitive characterization of the PvuRts11 family and application in mapping genomic 5-hydroxymethylcytosine Nucl. Acids Res.. 39, PubMedID: 21813453, DOI: 10.1093/nar/gkr607
- Marx V. 2016. Genetics: profiling DNA methylation and beyond Nature Methods. 13, PubMedID: , DOI: 10.1038/nmeth.3736
- Page A., Paoli P., Salvador E., White S., French J., Mann J. 2015. Hepatic Stellate Cell Transdifferentiation Involves Genome-Wide Remodeling of the DNA Methylation Landscape J Hepatol. , PubMedID: 26632634, DOI: 10.1016/j.jhep.2015.11.024
- Kienhöfer S., Musheev M., Stapf U., Helm M., Schomacher L., Niehrs C., Schäfer A. 2015. GADD45a physically and functionally interacts with TET1Publication Differentiation. , PubMedID: 26546041, DOI: 10.1016/j.diff.2015.10.003
- Chernov AV., Reyes L., Peterson S., Strongin AY. 2015. Depletion of CG-Specific Methylation in Mycoplasma hyorhinis Genomic DNA after Host Cell Invasion PLoS One. 10, PubMedID: 26544880, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0142529
- Wee E., Ngo T., Trau M. 2015. A simple bridging flocculation assay for rapid, sensitive and stringent detection of gene specific DNA methylation Sci Rep. 5, PubMedID: 26458746, DOI: 10.1038/srep15028
- Laget, S., et al. 2010. The human proteins MBD5 and MBD6 associate with heterochromatin but they do not bind methylated DNA PLoS One. 5, PubMedID: 20700456, DOI:
- Wanunu, M., et al. 2010. Rapid electronic detection of probe-specific microRNAs using thin nanopore sensors Nature Nanotech. 5, PubMedID: 20972437, DOI:
- Jensen, H.M., et al. 2010. Engineering of a synthetic electron conduit in living cells Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 107, PubMedID: 20956333, DOI:
- Wanunu, M. et al. 2010. Discrimination of methylcytosine from hydroxymethylcytosine in DNA molecular J. Am. Chem. Soc.. 133(3), PubMedID: 21155562, DOI:
- Zheng, Y. et al. 2010. A unique family of Mrr-like modification-dependent restriction endonucleases Nucl. Acids Res.. 38(16), PubMedID: 20444879, DOI:
- Foraker, A.B., et al. 2012. Clathrin promotes centrosome integrity in early mitosis through stabilization of centrosomal ch-TOG J. Cell Bio.. 198, PubMedID: , DOI:
- Gong, H. wt al. 2012. Near-infrared fluorescence imaging of mammalian cells and xenograft tumors with SNAP-tag PLoS ONE. 7, PubMedID: 22479502, DOI:
- Sexton T, Kurukuti S, Mitchell JA, Umlauf D, Nagano T, Fraser P 2012. Sensitive detection of chromatin coassociations using enhanced chromosome conformation capture on chip Nat Protoc. 7(7), PubMedID: 22722369, DOI: 10.1038/nprot.2012.071
- Gu, L.Q., et al. 2012. Detection of miRNAs with a nanopore single-molecule counter Expert Rev. Mol. Diagn.. 12, PubMedID: 22845478, DOI:
- Grant, T.J., et al. 2012. Antiproliferative small-molecule inhibitors of transcription factor LSF reveal oncogene addiction to LSF in hepatocellular carcinoma Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 109, PubMedID: 22396589, DOI:
- Ho, J.J., et al. 2012. Functional importance of Dicer protein in the adaptive cellular response to hypoxia J. Biol. Chem.. 17, PubMedID: 22745131, DOI: 10.174/jbcM112.373365
- Mooijman D, Dey S S, Boisset JC, Crosetto N, van Oudenaarden A 2016. Single-cell 5hmC sequencing reveals chromosome-wide cell-to-cell variability and enables lineage reconstruction Nature Biotechnology. 34, PubMedID: 27347753, DOI: 10.1038/nbt.3598
- Kim, J.K., Samaranayake, M. and Pradhan S. (2009) Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 66, 596-612. PMID: 18985277
- Vanyushin, B.F. (2006) Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol. 301, 67-122. PMID: 16570846
- Mosher, R.A., Melnyk, C.W. (2010) Trends Plant Sci. 15, 204-210. PMID: 20129810
- Lyko, F., Beisel, C., Marhold, J., Paro, R. (2006) Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol. 310, 23-44. PMID: 16909905
- Selker, E.U., Freitag, M., Kothe, G.O., et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U S A. 99, Suppl 4, 16485-16490. PMID: 12189210
- Kriaucionis, S. and Heintz, N. (2009) Science 324, 929-930. PMID: 19372393
- Tahiliani, M., Koh, K. P., Shen, Y., et al. (2009) Science 324, 930-935. PMID: 19372391
- Ehrlich, M., Wilson, G.G., Kuo, K.C., And Gehrke, C.W. (1987) J. Bacteriol. 169, 939-943. PMID: 3029036
- Svadbina, I.V., Zelinskaya, N.V., Kovalevskaya, N.P., Zheleznaya, L.A. and Matvienko, N.I. (2004) Biochem. (Moscow) 69, 299-305. PMID: 15061697
- Ratel, D., Ravanat, J-L., Berger, F. and Wion D. (2006) Bioessays 28, 309-315. PMID: 16479578
- Marinus, M.G. and Casadesus, J. (2009) FEMS Microbiol. Rev. 33, 488-503. PMID: 19175412
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
If all cells are created from the same genetic material, why are there so many different cell types? Listen to Sriharsa Pradhan, Senior Scientist, RNA Biology at NEB, as he describes how DNA is methylated and how this affects the path of reading the DNA code the same way an obstruction would derail a train off its tracks.