Mammalian DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferases (DNMT) have roles in the establishment and regulation of the transcriptome by methylating DNA. DNMTs are attractive cancer therapy targets with numerous clinical trials ongoing. Dnmt1 plays a role in the establishment and regulation of tissue-specific patterns of methylated cytosine residues. In the context of embryonic development, imprinting, and X-chromosome inactivation, Dnmt3A and 3B are thought to function in de novo methylation, rather than maintenance methylation. Researchers are exploring the expression levels of these DNMTs and their resulting tissue-specific methylation patterns as possible biomarkers for various cancers and developmental abnormalities.
New England Biolab's human Dnmt1 (NEB #M0231), Dnmt3A (NEB #M0229) and Dnmt3B (NEB #M0232) antibodies are each validated for Western blot. The Human Dnmt3B antibody also works well for immunoprecipitation.
- What dilution should be used with Dnmt1 Amino-terminal Ab?
- What is the species cross reactivity of Dnmt1 Amino-terminal Ab?
- Can Dnmt1 Amino-terminal Ab be used to detect mouse and rat?
- How much of NEB Dnmt1 should be used as a control when using Dnmt1 Amino-terminal Ab?
- How much protein should be run on the gel for detection with Dnmt1 Amino-terminal Ab?
- Phage Display: Solution-phase Panning with Affinity Bead Capture
- Purification of IgG using Protein A/G Magnetic Beads
- Cross-linking of IgG to Protein A or G Beads
- Immunoprecipitation using Protein A/G Magnetic Beads
- Goat Anti-Rat IgG Magnetic Beads (S1433)
- Goat Anti-Mouse IgG Magnetic Beads Protocol
- Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG Magnetic Beads Protocol
- Protocol for Anti-SNAP-tag® Antibody (Polyclonal) (P9310)
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
If all cells are created from the same genetic material, why are there so many different cell types? Listen to Sriharsa Pradhan, Senior Scientist, RNA Biology at NEB, as he describes how DNA is methylated and how this affects the path of reading the DNA code the same way an obstruction would derail a train off its tracks.