NEB carries a selection of DNA repair enzymes for use in multiple applications:
- Repair of DNA sample degradation due to oxidative damage, UV radiation, ionizing radiation, phenol/chloroform extraction, mechanical shearing, formalin fixation (post extraction) or long term storage
- Base excision repair
- DNA mismatch repair
- Nucleotide excision repair
- Forensic analysis of environmental samples, analysis of ancient DNA, DNA damage control, and DNA-DNA and protein-DNA interactions
- Preparation for downstream applications such as PCR, microarray analysis, or other DNA technologies
- Single cell gel electrophoresis (Comet assay) to assess samples for DNA damage
- Genotoxicity tests by alkaline elution or alkaline unwinding
- Manipulation of DNA supercoiling using DNA Gyrase (NEB #M0306) and Topoisomerase I (NEB #M0301)
- Elimination or repair of large DNA secondary structures using T7 Endonuclease I (NEB #M0302)
- Standard E. coli DNA Gyrase Reaction (M0306)
- Using RecA and an oligonucleotide to form a stable triple helix
- T7 Endonuclease I-based Mutation Detection with the EnGen® Mutation Detection Kit (NEB #E3321)
- Standard Reaction Protocol for PreCR Repair Mix
- Sequential Reaction Protocol for PreCR Repair Mix
- Control Reaction Protocol for PreCR Repair Mix
- Comet Assay - Modified for Detection of Oxidized Bases Using the Repair Endonucleases Fpg, hOGG1 and Endonuclease III (Nth)
- Transfection of Cas9 RNP (ribonucleoprotein) into adherent cells using the Lipofectamine® RNAiMAX
- Determining Genome Targeting Efficiency using T7 Endonuclease I
DNA Damage - the major cause of missing pieces from the DNA puzzle
The PCR brochure provides product information on the wide range of DNA polymerases available from NEB, including tools for selection and troubleshooting tips.
- DNA Damage and PreCR
- Karbaschi, Mahsa., Macip, Salvador., Mistry, Vilas., Abbas, Hussein H.K., Delinassios, George J., Evans, Mark D., Young, Antony R., Cooke, Marcus S. 2015. Rescue of cells from apoptosis increases DNA repair in UVB exposed cells: implications for the DNA damage response Toxicol. Res.. 4, PubMedID: , DOI: doiL 10.1039/c4tx00197d
While NEB develops and validates its products for various applications, the use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
For more information about commercial rights, please contact NEB's Global Business Development team at [email protected].
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.