Successful Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) hinges on several factors, but one of the most impactful of them is the choice of library preparation workflow. As NGS matures into an essential analysis method, libraries of the highest quality are required, in yields sufficient for a wide range of applications and throughputs, from single-cell and cfDNA to PCR-free whole-genome analysis. Automation compatibility is a major consideration, too, as liquid-handling robots are becoming more accessible and commonplace.
NEBNext® UltraTM II workflow for a wide range of sample types
For over 13 years, NEB has addressed these challenges by offering solutions that streamline sample prep workflows, minimize inputs and improve library yield and quality. With over 90 products, the NEBNext portfolio includes sample prep solutions for DNA sequencing and RNA sequencing from a wide range of sample types. The NEBNext Ultra II workflow lies at the heart of the portfolio, and products are available in a convenient kit format, or as separate modules – offering flexible library prep workflows that are easily scaled and automated.
NEBNext reagents are currently available for next generation sequencing sample preparation on Illumina®, Oxford Nanopore Technologies® (ONT) and IonTorrent® sequencing platforms, and have already been applied to emerging sequencing platforms.
What’s next for your NGS Library Prep? We’ve got you covered!
- Library Preparation for Illumina
- Library Preparation for Ion Torrent
- Library Preparation for Oxford Nanopore Technologies
- Infectious Diseases & ARTIC Sequencing
- DNA Fragmentation & RNA Fragmentation
- RNA Depletion & mRNA Enrichment
- Methylome Analysis
- Microbiome DNA Enrichment
- NEBNext® Multiplex Oligos (Adaptors & Primers)
- FFPE DNA Repair
- NGS Library Quantitation
- Automation for NEBNext® NGS Library Prep
- Small RNA Library Preparation
- Obtain superior NGS library performance with lower input amounts using the NEBNext Ultra II Directional RNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina
- NEBNext® Enzymatic Methyl-seq (EM-seq™)
- Increased transcription detection with the NEBNext Single Cell/Low Input RNA Library Prep Kit
- Monarch HMW DNA Extraction Kit improves sample preparation for Oxford Nanopore Technologies sequencing of malaria parasites
- High-yield, Scalable Library Preparation with the NEBNext® Ultra™ II FS DNA Library Prep Kit
Improving Enzymatic DNA Fragmentation for Next Generation Sequencing Library Construction
Among the available options for DNA fragmentation, enzymatic fragmentation is demonstrably gentler on the sample, yielding less damage at any scale. The new NEBNext® Ultra™ II FS DNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina® includes a single step for enzymatic fragmentation, end repair, and dA tailing.
Advances in next generation sequencing: How researchers at NEB are working to improve our understanding of the genome, epigenome and transcriptome.
NEB scientists develop sequencing technologies to analyze genome-wide methylation, transcriptional start sites, full-length transcriptomes, chromatin accessibility, and much more.
- Induro™, a Novel Reverse Transcriptase for Nanopore Direct RNA Sequencing with Significantly Improved RNA 5′ Coverage
Products and content are covered by one or more patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc (NEB). The use of trademark symbols does not necessarily indicate that the name is trademarked in the country where it is being read; it indicates where the content was originally developed. The use of this product may require the buyer to obtain additional third-party intellectual property rights for certain applications. For more information, please email email@example.com.
This product is intended for research purposes only. This product is not intended to be used for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes in humans or animals.
In this webinar, Laurence Etwiller and Jennifer Ong discuss their recent publications, and how library preparation affects sequencing accuracy and variant calling. View full Q & A summary.
Try NEBNext in your hands.
We offer samples of many of our NEBNext kits, modules and oligos.
Request a Sample
Find out how colleagues are using NEBNext
NEBNext reagents has been cited in >20,000 peer-reviewed publications, as well as preprints and protocols.
Need help with product selection?
If you need assistance navigating the ever-growing NEBNext product line, NEBNext Selector tool can help guide your product selection.
Looking for a custom format?
NEBNext reagents can be ordered in bulk or customized formats for advanced research and development projects.