< Return to NEBMonarch.com
Monarch kits are an excellent choice for cleaning up and concentrating DNA after enzymatic reactions and from agarose gels. Highly-pure DNA is ready in minutes in volumes as low as 6 µl. Monarch kits are designed with sustainability in mind and buffers and columns are available separately for added convenience.
Reasons to choose Monarch Kits for DNA Cleanup
- Elute in as little as 6 µl and prevent buffer/salt carryover with the unique column design
- Purify fragments of various sizes efficiently with the Gel Extraction Kit
- Effectively remove enzymatic reaction components including primers
- Purify oligos and small DNA fragments with the PCR & DNA cleanup kit using a simple protocol modification
- Fast and simple product workflows (cleanup DNA from enzymatic reactions in just 5 minutes!)
Not only are Monarch columns designed to use less plastic, but they are also optimized to eliminate buffer retention; Monarch columns are designed without a retaining ring, thus preventing salts from carrying over into your eluted samples. The tapered design of the column also enables low volume elution (≥ 6 µl).
Monarch kits enable efficient purification of highly-pure and highly concentrated DNA from enzymatic reactions and agarose gels. Purified DNA is ready for use in downstream manipulations such as ligations and restriction digests.Together with our enhanced buffer system, Monarch columns deliver excellent performance. Select a thumbnail to view the data for each product.
Gel Extraction Kit
Monarch PCR & DNA
Cleanup Kit (5 μg)
The Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit protocol can be modified to enable the purification of ssDNA, oligonucleotides, and other small DNA fragments. The Oligonucleotide Cleanup protocol efficiently removes unincorporated nucleotides, short oligos, dyes, enzymes, and salts from labeling and other enzymatic reactions. The modified protocol utilizes the same columns and bind/wash/elute workflow of the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit with > 70% recovery and cleanup of oligonucleotides ≥ 15 bp (dsDNA) or ≥18 nt (ssDNA).
Available kits include:
I often purify small amounts of inserts for ligations, so I appreciate the ability to elute in small volumes. I also very much appreciate the reduction of paper and plastic waste.
Learn how to extract DNA from agarose gels using the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit.
Learn how to isolate DNA from your enzymatic reactions, including PCR, using the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit (5 µg).
Optimize your DNA gel extractions with our quick tips for using the Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Kit.
Optimize your DNA isolation from PCR and other enzymatic reactions with our quick tips for using the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit.
- Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Product Information
- Monarch DNA Gel Extraction Product Manual
- Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Product Information
- Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Product Manual
- Back to basics: Important things to keep in mind when purifying plasmids and DNA fragments
- Six Tips for a Perfect Gel Extraction
- Tips for the Monarch PCR & DNA Cleanup Kit
- Download the Monarch Nucleic Acid Purification Brochure