Yes. We recommend stabilizing embryos or larvae in Monarch DNA/RNA Protection Reagent (NEB #T2011), followed by mechanical lysis/homogenization and processing as described below.
RNA Purification from Zebrafish Embryos and Larvae:
- Add up to 20 embryos or larvae to 300 µl Monarch 1X DNA/RNA Protection Reagent, vortex briefly, and transfer sample to a tube containing beads for homogenization.
- Disrupt sample mechanically using a bead homogenizer.
- Transfer lysate to an RNase-free microfuge tube.
- Add 30 µl Proteinase K Reaction buffer and 15 µl Monarch Proteinsase K, mix briefly, and incubate at 55oC for 5 min.
- Vortex briefly and spin for 2 min (16,000 x g) to pellet debris. Transfer supernatant to an RNase-free microfuge tube.
- Add an equal volume of Monarch RNA Lysis Buffer and vortex briefly. Proceed to Step 1 of PART 2: RNA Binding and Elution in the Product Manual.