FAQ: Can DNA be blunted using T7 Exonuclease?

No. Use DNA Polymerase I, Large (Klenow) Fragment (NEB# M0210) to fill in 5' overhangs (also called 3' recessed ends) and chew back 3' overhangs or use Mung Bean Nuclease (NEB# M0250) to chew back 3' or 5' overhangs. Note: 3' overhangs can not be filled in.