For over 45 years, NEB® has been a world leader in the discovery and production of reagents for the life science industry. Our enzymology expertise effectively positions us to supply reagents for the synthesis of high-quality RNA – from template generation and transcription, to capping, tailing and cleanup after synthesis. These products are designed and manufactured based on decades of molecular biology experience, so that you can be confident they will work for your application.
From research to therapeutic production, NEB’s in vitro transcription portfolio will meet your needs
NEB’s portfolio of research-grade and GMP-grade* reagents enables bench-scale to commercial-scale mRNA manufacturing. Our optimized HiScribe™ kits enable convenient in vitro transcription (IVT) workflows. When it is time to scale up and optimize reaction components, our standalone reagents are readily available in formats matching our GMP-grade offering, enabling a seamless transition to large-scale therapeutic mRNA manufacturing.
Enabling gram-scale RNA synthesis
NEB manufactures and inventories the following enzyme specificities at GMP-grade, meeting customer needs with short lead times:
- Vaccinia Capping Enzyme – A full system for enzymatic capping based on the Vaccinia virus Capping Enzyme (VCE)
- Faustovirus Capping Enzyme (coming soon)-- Improved capping efficiency and broad temperature range compared to Vaccinia Capping enzyme
- T7 RNA Polymerase – RNA Polymerase used for in vitro mRNA synthesis, and is highly specific for the T7 phage promoter
- mRNA Cap 2′-O-Methyltransferase – mRNA Cap 2´-O-Methyltransferase adds a methyl group at the 2′-O position of the first nucleotide adjacent to the cap structure at the 5´ end of the RNA
- RNase Inhibitor, Murine – RNase Inhibitor, Murine, specifically inhibits RNases A, B and C
- Pyrophosphatase, Inorganic (E. coli) – Inorganic pyrophosphatase (PPase) catalyzes the hydrolysis of inorganic pyrophosphate to form orthophosphate
- DNase I (RNase-free) – DNA-specific endonuclease used for removal of contaminating genomic DNA from RNA samples and degradation of DNA templates in transcription reactions
- HiScribe T7 High Yield RNA Synthesis Components – Separate components available in GMP-grade format
- BspQI (now available) – Type IIS restriction enzyme and Isoschizomer of LguI and SapI used to linearize plasmid DNA for mRNA therapeutics
|Not sure whether you need research-grade or GMP-grade materials?
Learn more about the difference between GMP-grade and research-grade reagents
|= available in GMP-grade|
*NEB can offer large-scale preparations of restriction enzymes using Recombinant Albumin (BSA-free)
Comparability analyses of research-grade and GMP-grade IVT reagents demonstrates qualitative equivalence
|Functional expression of active green fluorescent protein in HEK 293
cells after transfection of capped poly-adenylated mRNA demonstrates
qualitative equivalence of GMP-grade and research-grade reagents.
"GMP-grade" is a branding term NEB uses to describe reagents manufactured or finished at NEB’s Rowley facility. The Rowley facility was designed to manufacture reagents under more rigorous infrastructure and process controls to achieve more stringent product specifications and customer requirements. Reagents manufactured at NEB’s Rowley facility are manufactured in compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 quality management system standards. However, at this time, NEB does not manufacture or sell products known as Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), nor does NEB manufacture its products in compliance with all of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations.
This content is covered by patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc. For more information, please email us at email@example.com. The use of these products may require you to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
Inquire about GMP-grade reagents
Want to learn more about our offerings?Contact NEB
Learn how NEB helped a startup company manufacturing a novel therapeutic with GMP-grade enzyme.