As the COVID-19 virus continues to impact our communities, we understand there may be concerns regarding your ability to order and receive important research reagents. New England Biolabs is working diligently to ensure we keep our employees and their families safe, while maintaining our business continuity in support of our many customers around the globe. Our manufacturing and distribution teams continue to be fully operational, and we are working closely with our suppliers and distribution partners to ensure uninterrupted access to our products and technical support. We are also following the guidelines of local and national health organizations in order to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
NEB’s products are available for research purposes only. However, we are already supplying and supporting customers who are working diligently to develop better diagnostic tools and vaccines for the COVID-19 virus, and are ready to supply additional customers with the reagents they need to validate and develop them as diagnostic tools for lab-based or point-of-care settings.
Products that customers have inquired about:
WarmStart® Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix (DNA & RNA) (NEB #M1800)
WarmStart Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix is an optimized formulation of Bst 2.0 WarmStart DNA Polymerase and WarmStart RTx in a special low-buffer reaction solution.The mix contains a visible pH indicator for rapid and easy detection of Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) and RT-LAMP reactions.
- Easily detect amplification with a simple pink-to-yellow color change
- Set up reactions at room temperature, as WarmStart feature inhibits activity at 25°C
- Learn how Colorimetric LAMP was used for rapid detection of Coronavirus (COVID-19) RNA in our recent publication
Monarch® Total RNA Miniprep Kit (NEB #T2010)
NEB does not currently supply a kit specifically designed for viral RNA extraction. Additionally, we have not validated this kit for RNA extraction from nasopharyngeal swabs or aspirates. However, several customers have provided feedback that they have used this kit successfully to extract viral RNA from other biological samples.
- Quickly and easily purify up to 100 µg of high quality total RNA (>20 nt)
- Purified RNA is suitable for downstream reactions, such as RT-qPCR and library prep for next gen sequencing
- Elute in as little as 30 µl (RNA samples can be further concentrated following purification using our Monarch RNA Cleanup columns or kits)
- New protocols for the use of this kit with different biological samples are being posted as they are developed. As an example, for guidance on the use of this kit with saliva, buccal swabs and nasal swabs click here.
Luna® Universal Probe One-Step RT-qPCR Kit (NEB #E3006)
Luna Universal One-Step RT-qPCR Kit (NEB #E3005)
Luna Universal One-Step RT-qPCR kits offer exceptional sensitivity, reproducibility and RT-qPCR performance.
- Rapid, sensitive and precise probe or dye-based qPCR detection and quantitation of RNA targets
- Novel, thermostable Luna WarmStart RT increases reaction specificity
- Carryover prevention supported: reaction mixes contain dUTP
- Compatible with high-throughput automation workflows
Luna Cell Ready Lysis Module (NEB #E3032)
Bypass RNA purification and go direct to RT-qPCR or LAMP analysis
- Coordinated cell lysis, RNA release and genomic DNA removal are all performed in a 15-minute protocol
- Pair with our Luna Universal One-Step RT-qPCR kits or WarmStart Colorimetric LAMP 2X Master Mix (DNA & RNA) for streamlined assays
Products for Oxford Nanopore Technologies® Sequencing
The following reagents are being recommended in a number of third party COVID-19 sequencing protocols, including “PCR tiling of COVID-19 virus” in Oxford Nanopore Technologies’ Nanopore Community, and the ARTIC protocol:”
- Q5® Hot Start High-Fidelity 2X Master Mix (NEB #M0494)
- Random Primer Mix (NEB #S1330S)
- Deoxynucleotide (dNTP) Solution Mix (NEB #N0447)
- NEBNext® Ultra™ II End Repair / dA-Tailing Module (NEB #E7546)
- NEBNext Ultra II Ligation Module (NEB #E7595)
- NEBNext Quick Ligation Module (NEB #E6056)
Products for Illumina® Sequencing
The following reagents are available for sequencing on the Illumina platform:
- NEBNext Ultra II RNA Library Prep Kit for Illumina (NEB #E7770)
NEB’s products are available for research purposes only. However, we are already supplying and supporting customers who are working diligently to develop better diagnostics tools and vaccines for the COVID-19 virus and are ready to supply additional customers with the reagents they need to validate and develop them as diagnostic tools for lab-based or point-of-care settings.
Any requests to obtain any of these products in larger quantities in connection with the COVID-19 crisis should be forwarded to [email protected].
For more general inquiries or questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].
One or more of these products are covered by patents, trademarks and/or copyrights owned or controlled by New England Biolabs, Inc. For more information, please email us at [email protected]. The use of these products may require you to obtain additional third party intellectual property rights for certain applications.
Learn more about NEB's offerings in the following brochures:
The PCR brochure provides product information on the wide range of DNA polymerases available from NEB, including tools for selection and troubleshooting tips.
Learn about the benefits of choosing Monarch Nucleic Acid Purification Kits from NEB.
Make a simpler choice with Luna! Learn about the advantages of choosing Luna products for your qPCR & RT-qPCR, and see how Luna products compare to other commercially available reagents.
The NEBNext for RNA Sample Prep Brochure provides an overview of the NEBNext sample preparation products for sequencing on the Illumina platform, as well as tech tips and workflow overviews.
Learn about NEB’s portfolio of products for LAMP, RT-LAMP and POC diagnostics