Protocols.io also provides an interactive version of this protocol where you can discover and share optimizations with the research community.
- Prepare a 20 μl reaction as follows:
||1 pmol of DNA ends*
|CutSmart® Buffer (10X)
||to 20 μl**
- Incubate at 37°C for 30 minutes.
- Purify DNA by gel purification, spin-column or
* Note: 1 pmol of DNA ends is about 1 μg of a 3 kb plasmid.
** Scale larger reaction volumes proportionally.
Dephosphorylation of 5´-ends of DNA in Restriction Enzyme Reaction
- The phosphate can be added directly into the digestion reaction during or after DNA digestion
- CIP is active in all NEB restriction enzyme buffers
- DNA purification is required before ligation